I've been teaching full time since 2005, and I can teach players of all ages and all levels. I've also taught bass students as well as music theory and songwriting concepts. I've been playing guitar for over 19 years, and received my BM in Jazz Studies from The University of the Arts in Philadelphia in 2005.
Lessons take place at my studio in Kew Gardens, NY. Contact me about rates. I offer a free trial lesson, and all lessons thereafter are paid in advance on a monthly basis. Send me a message here to inquire about signing up to study with me.
Here are just some of the things I can help you with:
- Build a personalized repertoire of your favorite songs and solos
- Expand your scale and chord vocabulary, learn about scale/chord compatibility
- Learn about effective practicing and develop your speed and accuracy
- Learn new techniques like right-hand tapping, hybrid picking, economy picking, and sweep picking
- Memorize and understand the modes of the major, harmonic minor, and melodic minor scales
- Train your ear to recognize intervals and scales, and identify chord tones and progressions
- Improvise with professional quality backing tracks
- Study the art of songwriting and composition
- Write your own music, and demo your ideas in my studio
Beginners: You may not be sure what to expect from guitar lessons, and find yourself worried, intimidated, and hesitant to make the commitment. You want a teacher who is not only knowledgeable and effective, but also friendly and willing to work hard to make your first lesson experience completely enjoyable. I'm extremely patient and will adapt to your pace and style of learning. I have years of experience teaching the basics and working with absolute beginners of all ages. You'll be playing some of your favorite songs in no time!
All other students: You can learn anything you need to know about technique, music theory, effective practicing, composition and songwriting, ear training, and more. I can also help you understand music theory, and provide you with a deeper understanding of the songs you listen to and play, so that you can start writing your own songs and solos. I can spot whatever is holding you back and give you the necessary tools to expand and improve in all areas of musicianship.